Tuesday, December 21, 2010

First post: Happy Winter Solstice!

December 21: winter solstice and a lunar eclipse!  A great day to begin my "Embracing Your Bliss" blog. I will blog on what I call, "The ABC's of Embracing Your Bliss:  Awakening the Spirit, Bringing Joy to Others and Creating Beautiful Things".

To begin this new blog, you will see a few pictures of my newly created beautiful things--beautiful to me at least!

I fell in love with Martha Stewart's scoring board and made a series of boxes using holiday papers as well as some very cute envelops which my children will discover contain the ever welcome gift of cash for Christmas!



I got more daring after the first couple of boxes and trimmed the edges of the paper with a fiskars patterned scissor.

I made several little flower rosettes too.  Got the glue gun out after a five year hiatus and attached the center circles--and voila, little rosettes to attach to the Christmas gift boxes.

I made another box out of a beautiful piece of paper from the Que Sera Sera collection by K & Co.  I cashed in on a 50% coupon at Michaels yesterday and bought Martha's border punch and corner punch.  Used it on the edge of the box cover and it looks pretty against the red box bottom.  Attached a coordinating rosette and I have a beautiful box for my desk!




Yesterday I created an "Embracing Your Bliss" page to post in honor of my first blog.  It is a bit of scrap booking, stamping and paper arts.  So much fun putting it together.



These are my attempts to create some beautiful things!


Keep embracing your bliss!

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! You have really created beautiful boxes. And I love the name of your blog!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boxes & gift wrappings! Oh how fun is that! Wish we can do this together~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ginny and Eunice! So fun to have my sister and niece (in-law) be my first posters! This will be fun!!!

    ReplyDelete